- All bedrooms are air conditioned with fans and mosquito nets if requested.
- Hot and cold water.
- Wifi and Cable TV
- Secure parking available
- Meals :
– Option of traditional Sri Lankan cuisine or western meals served to order.
– Dietary needs can be catered for if notified in advance.
- Transport by trishaw is available on site for short distance movements. Beach, train station, local town etc.
Things To Do
- The surrounding “Lunuganga” property of Mr.Geoffrey Bawa is a popular place of visit. The Trust runs guided tours thrice a day for a fee. The entrance is a 300 meter walk away.
- There are many canals and waterways to be explored and boats are available on the property.
- The surrounding village areas are very suitable for walking and cycling. Traffic is low and it provides an opportunity to glimpse Sri Lankan village life while enjoying the flora and fauna. Bicycles too are available on the property.
- Distance to the beach – 10 minutes by car. Season October to March.
- Water sports such as jet skis, wind surfing, sea fishing are available close to the beach.
- Madu Ganga – A small river about 30 minutes drive away is a popular tourist attraction and several local companies run river cruises.
- Several turtle hatcheries along the coast are within 30 minutes drive.
- Galle with the ancient Dutch Fort is about one hour away by car. The fort has a history of its own and worth a day trip.
- Hikkaduwa with its coral reefs viewed by glass bottom boat is also about an hour away by car. This township is also considered the night life hub for the south.
- Yala National Park famous for its leopards is about 4 hours away by car. It is considered to contain one of the highest densities of leopards in the world. The park also has elephant, bear and all other species of wild life existing in Sri Lanka.